In January 2007, I traveled to
- Thai cooking class, which included shopping for grocery in local market.
- Thai massage class.
- Mountain bike tours.
- All terrain vehicle (ATV) tours.
- Be a volunteer in Elephant Nature Park. (below)
In the article “Capturing the Niche” (Newsweek, May 14, 2007 issue), author Michelle Jana Chan noted that there was a growing demand for specialized holidays, and tour operators have been repositioning themselves to cover the niche market.
Earthwatch Institute, mentioned in Chan’s article, organizes many programs for holiday-makers who want something more meaningful. The programs, among others, are:
- Cheetah conservation in
’s ranching heartland. Namibia
- Lion conservation in
. Tsavo, Kenya
- Monitoring the movement and behavior of elephants in
- Unearth the origin of human at
- Bat conservation in
- Tracing the life cycle of butterflies of
- Dolphin conservation program in
. New Zealand
If I were a tour operator in my country of