Damnoen Saduak is a town located to the west of
Sunset over the canal, or khlong, as it is known in Thai…
On the way to the floating market…
The floating market…
Suggestions to would-be visitors to Damnoen Saduak:
- As mentioned earlier, there would be more tourists than locals after 9am. You are advised to stay overnight in the town and visit the market early in the following morning.
- If you are going by public transport, take bus no. 78 from Bangkok's Southern Bus Terminal.
- Nok Noi (Little Bird) Hotel where I stayed is about 20-minutes walk away from the main market. The hotel can also arrange for a boat tour. (I personally went to the market by boat but walked back to the hotel.)
- Boat service is also available from the market.
- Have your breakfast in the market.