Tuesday, November 03, 2009

An Encounter with a Thai Model

As a shutterbug, I like to photograph sunset and beautiful models. Recently, a photographer organized a model shooting event by a beach. The theme was ‘Sunset Bikini’. Since the theme involved two of my favorite subjects, I happily signed up. According to the organizer, the model was Kat. I thought, “Kat must be short for Katherine.”

The photography session was scheduled to start at 5.00pm, but the organizer and the model failed to turn up on time. I was a bit impatient, as we didn’t have much time left before it got dark. At 5.30pm the organizer finally arrived with the model. But there was another lady who appeared to be the model’s mother. I was intrigued.

It turned out that Kat was actually Katoy, and she was a Thai. She had just flown in from Bangkok. It is said that Thai girls are very attached to their families, so it was no surprised that Katoy asked her mother to come along. According to the organizer, Katoy was stuck at the immigration. Apparently the officers suspected that she was a sex worker! It wasn’t until she proved her return flight that the officers let her go.

Wasting no time, five shutterbugs – myself included – took pictures of this sexy model from the Land of Smile. Sadly, I didn’t quite manage to capture the sunset. Anyway, I got a few OK shots. Here are two:




More photos on my Flickr set.

Link:
Katoy’s homepage

23 comments:

  1. Beautiful shots of the model.

    I suppose there special lightings used on location (softbox etc)?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mei Ting
    No softbox. Just an external flash with a DIY-ed bounce card.

    龍貓
    泰國tomyam!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love all your photos in flickr as well~

    your eyes so "lucky"! :p

    ReplyDelete
  4. 哇唠!那泰国妹会不会让你失常?哈哈。。。
    你是自由摄影师?还是某杂志的专用摄影师?好奇问一下。哈哈。。

    ReplyDelete
  5. War...you got to shoot so many models aye. :p But I love the backdrop more. LOL :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hot stuff! Don't catch fire, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  7. kikey
    This 'luckiness' comes with a price...

    花木兰
    我只是业余的。

    wenn
    Thanks.

    tekkaus
    You love the backdrop more? Hmm... abnormal...

    Grass
    No worry! I am OK.

    ReplyDelete
  8. wah hot wor....what was in yr mind when u were shooting her? hehhee

    ReplyDelete
  9. xin
    I was thinking, "How to get a good shot?" :P

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL.

    that's......all? :P :P

    ReplyDelete
  11. xin
    I am very professional one!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wah sizzling HOT! I'm surprised you could focus on your camera instead. *LOL*

    ReplyDelete
  13. Do you feel pressurized when the mother of the model looking at you guys. Guess the mother is there to ensure nothing funny is going to happen to her daughter.

    She flew in just to take the photos? The price must be high.

    ReplyDelete
  14. witch
    I was well-trained and could focus on the camera :P

    annant
    Yeah, very sexy...

    Leon
    Originally I was concerned that her mother would be disturbing. Fortunately she didn't.

    Yes, she flew in just to be the model. But there were a total of 6 sessions. We indirectly foot the bill, not just for her, but her mother as well.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Time for me take up photography>
    Yummy yum yum.

    Hey khengsiong, time to get a girlfriend, and snap her for free?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Think of your female readers, take pictures of male models as well! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  17. shingo
    Then you introduce one to me.

    Zhu
    Male models difficult to find...

    ReplyDelete
  18. do u guys noe that in thailand, they call ladyboys katoey...??

    and her name is katoy...
    coincidence eh...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Anon
    Yes, I know that. I actually asked her this question too.

    ReplyDelete
  20. The model is smart to bring along her mother. Wonder what will you guys do if she didn't? You sure you are professional? Haha!

    ReplyDelete